Sunday, May 21, 2006

Daddies are like Daleks

I have to admit that I thought my friend Brannon was a nutter when he described to me the sterilization regime that he uses on his son Ollie's bottle and feeding paraphernalia. He talked about using boiling hot water, and he had all sorts of concerns about sufficiently sterilizing the various things.

So here I am, in my high-end hotel room in Guangzhou, pouring scalding-hot water out of the hotel-supplied hot pot over a sink full of baby bottle parts. And wondering if shampoo has enough soap content and low enough perfume content. Or whether I actually need to scour each surface or whether it's sufficient to kinda mush things around in the hot water from the tap, since I'm going to chase with the aforementioned scalding water afterwards.

In my defense, there isn't a dishwasher built into our hotel room. If there were, believe me, I'd be using it.

3 comments:

C said...

Come on, give her immune system something to work on, wouljda? ;-)

Anonymous said...

I understand although parents are definitely nutters. I didn't think to have you add this to your shopping list. Do so now. Purell hand sanitizer -- it comes in the large economy size and cute little bottles with rubber thingies that hook onto a bag. You will use an awful lot of this stuff.

Also, Bath & Body works carries a similar product in a hand lotion format although the scent is a little too strong for my taste.

CriffCriffCriff said...

Already got the Purell here with us (well, actually, we have the Duane Reade alcohol-in-gel suspension product, with the we're-not-Purell trademark disclaimer). Great for when there's no washroom, or trustable washroom, anywhere nearby.