Wednesday, May 24, 2006

More wierd food!

You didn't really think I'd gotten the wierd food pictures out of my system that easily, did you?

First up, we have a fruit store, with a pile of what I think are durian in front. Throughout the last couple of days, I'd been getting whiffs of a noxious rot-like smell, not unlike New York's own unique rotting summer garbage smell. I'd presumed that it came from Guangzhou's sewers, but I was wrong--it actually came from these fruit.

I showed this picture to our facilitator Lin Qing, and she says that this isn't the really evil-smelling fruit. So perhaps I haven't actually found the durian.

Everything is better onna stick:


And lastly, a KFC menu from China!


Joyce and I returned to the Chen Clan Ancestral Hall and bought a tea set that Joyce had admired, then walked back to the eyeglasses market place on Renmin Zhong Lu, where I ended up buying three (3!) pairs of glasses, the most expensive of which was about $55. No pictures of this part of the trip, though, although we passed all of the food while walking.

No comments: