Thursday, May 18, 2006

Mmm, crunchy!

Here's Juliet chewing on her number-3 favorite chew toy: daddy's watch!

And here's a photo of her eating her very first book, which was a gift from our friends Gareth and Allison.

We returned to the swimming pool this afternoon. I am absolutely delighted to report that Juliet is an instinctive frog kicker (breathstroke kick), like me and her Auntie Celeste. I discovered this while doing parental-assisted swimming (i.e., tow the kid around with her head out of water) in the kiddie pool. Juliet started kicking when I pulled her forward through the water. She has really great turnout, which bodes well for the breathstroke division of her future swim team.

For dinner, Joyce stayed home because she wasn't especially hungry, so Linda and I returned to the point-and-eat Chinese restaurant that we've frequented for the last three nights. I found a live turtle in the fish tank, pointed at it, was directed to the "braised turtle" menu item, then failed to order the dish. Our friend Anne is a cute-vegetarian: she doesn't eat any animal that is cute. I didn't have the heart (or stomach?) to demand the turtle just then.

However, Linda and I did manage to order the "deep-fried pigeon with tea flavor". Which was delicious, and would have been called a squab by the Chinese restaurant marketing folk back home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Juliet sure is lovable.
Linda