Monday, May 15, 2006

Provincial Affairs and Notary

After her midnight feeding, I found it hard to get Juliet to lie down--she definitely wasn't interested in lying down in the crib, nor was she particularly keen on lying down on her back on Joyce's and my bed. My eventual solution was to hold her on my shoulder and chest and fall asleep with her there. She eventually slipped off and slept at the side of our bed on her side, through the night. When we got to consult with her caretakers from the orphanage today, they said that she usually sleeps in a baby bed, but that she tends to prefer to fall asleep with "the elders", but that, once asleep, she could be transferred to the baby bed.

Here are a couple of shots of the other babies in our group:
First up is Tara, with her mom Christine. Tara has beautiful dark eyes with the lashes of a makeup model.









Second is Meihui, with her mom Heidi and her dad Steve. Meihui has big pouty lips and a very intense gaze. She's been a little under the weather, so we hope she'll feel better in the next few days.












This is Juliet after today's adventures, attempting (as usual) to ingest her toys. Luckily, this one is bigger than her head.








Here we are at the provincial offices, having gotten our Chinese certificate of adoption.









This is all three families, again with our certificates. You can see that Juliet christened me a dad during our interview at the Provincial offices--she managed to wet my pants just before I was to sign and thumbprint a whole bunch of paperwork.






Here's a shot with Juliet in the Baby Bjorn that Beth and Steve gave us (I took it Max Headroom style, holding the camera back at myself, which explains the poor framing). I'm impressed with how much easier on my back the Bjorn is compared to just carrying the kid in my arms.





I just like this shot.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic!!! Keep the news coming. Linda

Anonymous said...

She's adorable--and she looks very comfortable with you both. Susan